Sunday, January 12, 2014

About Thought Criminal #219

Who is Thought Criminal #219?

Well, for starters, I grew up in an idyllic (sort of) tropical paradise, until Divine Providence saw fit to relocate me to the frozen wastelands of Canada, where I have spent the last few years of my life engaging in guerrilla warfare against the forces of darkness in the hopes of eventually immanentizing the eschaton.

It's been one crazy ride, let me tell you that.

All of my musings and opinions are informed by and filtered through the Christian Worldview. As far as my theology goes:
  • I hold to what the historic Christian Creeds (ie. Apostles', Nicene and Athanasian Creeds) have to say about the nature of God, which makes me orthodox (small-o) and catholic (small-c).
  • I take the Bible as my final authority, and the 1689 London Baptist Confession as the subordinate authority that most accurately describes what the Bible has to say on any given topic.
  • I am Protestant/Reformed in my views on how salvation takes place, meaning that I affirm the five Solas as well as the five points of Calvinism.
  • I use Presuppositional apologetics to explain the truth of the Christian worldview over and against other worldviews (be they secular or religious).
  • I am a Kuyperian in my views on the relationship between Christianity and the public square.
  • I am (with superb alliteration) a Postmillennial Partial Preterist in my view of the end times.

For those who are interested in my educational background, I spent a year studying theology at Toronto Baptist Seminary, then transferred to the University of Toronto (where I currently am) to work on my bachelor's degree in Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations, with a minor in History. That means there's a fairly good chance that I may end up in the Middle East at some point in the near future, though that depends on the grace and provision of the good Master.

That doesn't mean I limit myself to just those topics, however. I fancy myself to be a bit of a polymath, so I'm more than happy to talk about anything under the sun, whether it's philosophy, law, history, the social sciences, politics, current events, the finer points of english grammar, or the latest internet memes. As long as you don't ask me to comment about the latest sports happenings--I know nothing about such things, and refuse to touch the topic with a ten foot pole.

For those who are into the Myers-Briggs personality test, I usually score as an INFJ, though I occasionally also score as an INTJ, which I guess means that I'm a hybrid of both. Given the complexity of human nature, it only makes sense that I couldn't be boxed neatly into either of those two categories.

Anything else you may want to know about me, you can find out either by interacting with my musings or contacting me personally (if you can figure out how to).

And yes, the title of this blog is an Orwell reference. Go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment